How Irvine Changed California: 8 Things You Didn't Know
Irvine California is located in Orange County, and it is one of the most popular places to live in California. Irvine has a population of over 200,000 people; however, that number can increase dramatically during the summer months due to all of the tourists who come through for vacation. There are many great things about living in Irvine including low crime rates and plenty of activities for residents and visitors alike! Here are 8 things you might not have known about Irvine!
1) The city was built by James Irvine Jr., who purchased 1,750 acres (7 km²) as a farm with money made from his gold mining investments.
2) Irvine has the lowest crime rate in California.
3) Irvine has great vacation spots to visit including the Irvine Spectrum Center, a shopping mall with over 200 stores.
4) The city has amazing aquatic centers like the Irvine Regional Aquatics Center and The Orange County Great Park.
5} Irvine has great theater and plays that are performed at Orange County Center for Performing Arts.
6) The Irvine Police Department is committed to keeping Irvine a safe and fun place.
7) You can still pan go gold at the Irvine Regional Park.
8) Great restaurants to choose from for an evening out in the city, including the Beach House and The Cheesecake Factory.
I’ve been living in Irvine for two years now an I absolutely love it! It is a great city with so much to do that you never get bored of your surroundings. I work as a crime scene cleaner in Irvine California and find it to be the best place to work in the city. We have other locations in California too that provide great opportunities.